Monday, March 3, 2014

.

Daydream delusion
limousine eyelash
oh baby, with your pretty face
drop a tear in my wine glass
look at those big eyes
see what you mean to me
sweet cakes and milkshakes
I'm a delusional angel
I'm a fantasy parade
I want you to know what I think
don't want you to guess any more
you have no idea where i came from
you have no idea where we're going
lodged in life
like branches in the river
flowing downstream
caught in the current
I’ll carry you
you'll carry me
that's how it could be
don't you know me
don't you know me by now?

Have you watched the movie 'Before sunrise'? If you haven't, you should well and truly get on it. The above poem is one of my all time favourites and was spontaneously written by a river-side poet in the movie (well spontaneously in the movie's time frame). 

I feel that it sums up the daydream delusion that has been the past 5 weeks or so of endless travel, orientations, people and lectures. Whilst lost in translation for the most part, rest assured that we are all in this together. We've all been thrown in the deep end and have found ourselves caught in the current. 

But flow with it. 

Like the fox in The Little Prince, we have 'tamed' one another and forged bonds with people from all walks of life; I'm sure that we'll all be carrying and supporting each other through the journey that is TaLK. Remember that it is truly the experiences and memories that we share with the people around us that give meaning to our mundane lives.

sl

No comments:

Post a Comment